Steps For Being Successful In Outsourcing: Part 1
February 16, 2017
In today’s world, outsourcing can be a very good way of income. But for that, you will have to do it in the proper way. Because, the path of outsourcing is filled with a lot of dangers. For doing outsourcing properly, you will need to ensure the following things:
1. Organize your team properly.
2. Achieve necessary commitment management.
3. Define your corporate objectives, needs and priorities properly.
4. Identify and evaluate your risks and benefits.
5. Identify appropriate alternatives.
6. For each specified area, select the best alternatives.
7. Develop and negotiate an appropriate and effective outsourcing agreement.
8. Provide mechanisms for administering, maintaining and monitoring the contract and resolving the inevitable problems.
Ensuring the above mentioned things is prerequisite to success in this field. For ensuring these things, you can follow the steps below:
1. For planning, monitoring and overseeing the search for as well as transition to outsourcing, organize a top management steering committee.
2. Identify and involve an expert team for guiding as well as your organization during the outsourcing decision, selection and contracting process.
3. Identify the internal critical resources, such as particularly competent data processing director or chief information officer who will help in managing and administering the relationship between your company and the outsourcer. Also determine which staff, software and hardware licenses as well as resources must go to the outsourcer for a successful relationship.
4. Identify the goods and bad of your current installation in terms of service capability, service, uptime, costs, user satisfaction, backlog, on-time, on-target system delivery, controls etc. This will be helpful in the implementation of future plan for your company.
5. Update your company’s strategic business plan. Normally the outsourcing agreement will cover a period of 7 to 10 years. You must be aware about where your company is going globally and locally in terms of markets, products, manufacturing, supply source, distribution arrangement, labor sources etc. before developing a system plan for supporting those directions and needs.
6. Develop a strategic system plan upon identifying the long term needs of your company. This is very important. Because then you can be able to face the upcoming challenges and implement all your plans accordingly.
7. Identify the alternate hardware as well as operating systems and eventually determine the required architecture to develop as well as support the new system plan.
8. Understand the cost structure of your company and then determine the future costs.