Magento Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies
May 10, 2017
Magento comes with plenty of rich features for online stores to leverage from. Every new release of this product has something new to offer. Recently the 2.1 version was announced and had quite a few features that help businesses convert better. Traditionally, optimizing an online store for conversions was quite a task. But with the features included in Magento 2.1, conversion rate optimization becomes even easier with custom Magento Development. One of the best examples is the Abandoned Cart Recovery which is often overlooked. There are many more such features to look at!
Well, here are a few proven features in Magento 2.1 that can help you with your conversion rates.
- Elastic Search – This feature is available with the Enterprise edition only. Customers can quickly find what they are looking for with powerful elastic search technology that powers your ecommerce website. As store owners, you can also customize the search experience by setting the stop words, weighted attribute values and search synonyms etc. This helps you appropriately optimize your website for conversions.
- PayPal in-context checkout and saved credit cards – Shoppers do not leave your site anymore in order to pay via PayPal. Your credit cards are securely saved too and customers can checkout without re-entering the credit card information each time. It shortens the checkout time and hence optimizes conversion rates.
- Visual Merchandiser – Includes drag and drop products in order to create pages that convert optimally.
- Customer Segmentation – Customer segmentation is a great way to show relevant content to the shoppers. Each shopper gets the right content.
However, along with using these awesome Magento features, online store owners should also be aware to avoid some of these conversion killers:
- Make sure that contacting you is easy. Display your store’s phone number on the header where it is very conspicuous and one cannot miss it. Other than that, be available on live chat, email or phone.
- If your store does not provide free shipping, make sure that it is clearly mentioned on the product pages and in the policy. Show the shipping costs as transparently as possible to the customer.
- Make your return policies absolutely clear.
- Communicate clear delivery timelines to customers. Do not give a vague message to the customer saying that their product will be delivered within 3 – 5 days. You must provide them with a specific date.
- Make sure that the checkout process is fast and does not include endless steps to add information.
- Avoid any sort of pop up advertisements during checkout. This totally spoils user experience and increases the chances of cart abandonment.
Magento is a powerful ecommerce platform and has all the features necessary to support both large and small businesses. New versions of this ecommerce platform come with great promises. Ecommerce success depends on how efficiently businesses leverage from these new features and the available tools and optimize their conversion rates. So, ensure that you configure your online store to make full use of the latest Magento features!