Disadvantages of Booking Online on Travel Portals
November 25, 2017
Online travel portal allows the customer to find the various destination of their choice, Information related to the place, availability, price comparison and hotel reservation or if they are looking for any package then they can also find with the help of the Various Vacation Package Booking. A traveler can enjoy a fast and efficient search for your travel need with the help of Online Travel Portals. Prior to the invention of Internet People used to visit the Travel agents and Tour operators for their Hotel Booking, Car Reservation or Excursion. But What I have seen that though the Online Travel Portals offers so options available to the end customer it still fails to attract the maximum number of Target Audience. We will discuss what are those Disadvantages of Travel Portals in the below.
1) Limited Options: Travel Agents who are offering good rates may not have the online Travel Booking Engine where the customer can directly book his Tickets and get the confirmation.
2) Real Time Confirmation: Many Tour Operators System will allow the customer to book online but do not offer real time confirmation.
3) Hidden fees and Security: Travel Agents and Tour operators they often advertise low rates to attract the customer but then they charge some hidden fees. Booking Travel Online requires to pay some amount to pay in advance this will put the customer in risk through an insecure website.
4) Paid Advertisements: Booking online will rarely gives a Customer to speak with someone about the service. There might be a case that Customer will find a testimonials on the website of Travel Agents and Supplier website but you can be never sure whether it is paid advertisement or genuine.
5) Specific Needs: Customer cannot confirmed the specific requirement while making the Online Booking through the Hotel Reservation System.