5 Social Media Hacks for Effective Company Branding
September 27, 2016
Social media gives you ample opportunities for content marketing, customer support, selling and brand building. With so many social media platforms available today and the heavy competition therein, it is truly difficult to carve a niche for your brand on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Here are a few steps to effectively amplify your company branding on social media.
1. Visual Branding
Visuals hold great significance in social media branding. All your profiles should be consistent across channels. Otherwise, a certain degree of disconnect will be experienced by users. Visual branding also assists people in instantly recognizing your company on every site or app.
- Color palette – Use the same color scheme across all social media platforms. It is a good idea to finalize on a color palette based on your logo. Your focus should be to encourage people to identify your colors with your brand. You should also be aware of the impact that different colors have on consumers.
- Consistent logo – Use the same avatar/logo for every social network that you advertise on. You can create high-quality symbols and designs using a trusted logo generator.
- Filters – When sharing your visuals on various channels, ensure that your images are consistent. You can use no filter at all, or choose to implement one or two uniformly across all your promotions.
- Templates – For any visuals that you share on social media, it is wise to create templates with consistent fonts, colors, and designs.
2. Develop A Voice
Image Source: www.designschool.canva.com
The personality of your brand should reflect in your social media marketing campaigns. Hence, it is imperative for a business to build a voice. Your company responds to Tweets, Facebook posts, and Snaps using this voice. This is how you can find your social media voice.
- Culture – You should explore what your company stands for, what your business is all about, and what sets you apart. This is your culture. Use hashtags that reflect your company’s culture in social media posts.
- Audience – Identify the demographics of your target customers, and craft social media posts that they can connect to.
- Originality – Ensure that your social media voice is authentic to your brand. If you try to emulate successful brands in this regard, your strategy will surely backfire. You need to be unique to stand out.
3. Consistency In Content Topics
Curating content from around the Web and sharing these as social media posts (without overly promoting your brand) gives you visibility and authority in your industry. Streamline your efforts and pick topics that are closely related to your business.
4. Regular Posts
It is important to post regularly to improve your social media branding. Rapid growth in social networks has created a clutter of information, above which you will need to rise. Decreased attention span of consumers is also another challenge to overcome.
There are various social media publishing and analytical tools that assist businesses in identifying the frequency of social media posting. These publishing tools assist you in scheduling posts when your target audience is most active. The analytics tool helps you assess which posts are gaining maximum engagement.
It is important to track continuously and validate your social media marketing efforts.
5. Influencer Marketing
Building relationships with influencers is a great way to improve your social media branding. Influencer marketing helps you attract the eyeballs of the audience that popular brands in your industry have already acquired. As the influencer has previously established the trust of the target consumer group, getting a mention from them authenticates you more.
So, it is important to build relationships with other businesses in your industry (specifically the big names) to amplify your social media efforts.